Happy 2023, my friends! It’s time for another book list. I have finally put together my list of must-read books for the first quarter of this year, so I’m going to share them with you! I’m also sharing what I use to read, my favorite book apps and more. I have 25 books on this list to start, and every quarter I will update with my next 25! I wanted to leave room to add other books that I find along the year. But here are my quarter one picks. Let’s jump right into it.
WHAT AM I READING? 2023 BOOK LIST
These are all the apps / websites I use when reading:
APPS I LOVE:
- Kindle Paperwhite
- This is how I read all my books!! I am OBSESSED with it. It has a matte screen so you can read even in direct sunlight, it’s extremely lightweight and it connects with my Libby, Goodreads and Amazon apps. I can hold hundreds of books and check books out directly from the library.
- Libby (connects to my local library so I can check out books for my Kindle)
- This app is amazing. Just upload your library card and then check e-reader books out directly from there! It reminds you when your books are due and keeps them all organized.
- I have my goals set up in here, and it’s where I find new books to read and review.
- I buy all my books from Amazon if I can’t find them at my local library. They download directly to my Kindle.
- I actually am a part of a couple book clubs – and this app makes it so easy to message the group, create polls and keep track of the books you are reading!
TYPES OF BOOKS I LOVE TO READ:
- Young Adult
- True Crime
- FLUFFY ROMANCE! –> this is a new one for me.
Most of the books I read are similar to the ACOTAR / Percy Jackson / Red Queen / Hunger Games / etc. I LOVE anything that has to do with enemies to lovers, Greek or Roman mythology, and young adult / coming of age.
This past year, I dove into the world of fluffy romances and let me tell you: I’m obsessed. Think – Love Hypothesis, Book Lovers, The Spanish Love Deceptions, People We Meet On Vacation, etc. I am also surprisingly in love with hockey/sports romances (Icebreaker + Briar U, looking at you). 10/10 across the board for fluffy love stories with happy endings!
BOOK LIST FOR Q1 2023:
- Fairy Tale by Stephen King
- Sorrow and Starlight (Zodiac Academy #8) by Carolina Peckham
- Broken Face (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #4) by Caroline Peckham
- Warrior Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #5) by Caroline Packham
- Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young
- Cover Story by Susan Rigetti
- The Family Game by Catherine Steadman
- Vengeance of the Pirate Queen by Tricia Levenseller
- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean
- Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney
- Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score
- Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano
- Caraval Series (3 books) by Stephanie Garber
- Wicked Beauty (Dark Olympus #3) by Katee Robert
- Realm Breaker (2 books) by Victoria Aveyard
- The Family Plot by Megan Collins
- Belladonna by Adalyn Grace
- The Stolen Heir by Holly Black
- Haunting Adeline by H.D. Carlton
- Spring Tide by Ki Stephens
- Ocean View Series (3 books) by Morgan Elizabeth
- Embers (Phoenix Prophesy #4) by Cara Clare
TOTAL: 29 Books