Happy Friday, everyone!!! I started sharing the books I am reading on my IG stories over Christmas and you guys went crazy. SO – I decided to share with you all my goals for the year, my 2021 book list and which apps and electronics I’m LOVING for keeping these goals organized. I have a goal set to read 50 books this year. Let’s dive into this.
WHAT AM I READING? 2021 BOOK LIST
APPS I LOVE:
- Kindle Paperwhite
- This is how I read all my books!! I am OBSESSED with it. It has a matte screen so you can read even in direct sunlight, it’s extremely lightweight and it connects with my Libby, Goodreads and Amazon apps. I can hold hundreds of books and check books out directly from the library.
- Libby (connects to my local library so I can check out books for my Kindle)
- This app is amazing. Just upload your library card and then check e-reader books out directly from there! It reminds you when your books are due and keeps them all organized.
- I have my goals set up in here, and it’s where I find new books to read and review.
- I buy all my books from Amazon if I can’t find them at my local library. They download directly to my Kindle.
- I actually am a part of a couple book clubs – and this app makes it so easy to message the group, create polls and keep track of the books you are reading!
TYPES OF BOOKS I READ:
- Young Adult
- True Crime
I am not a big non-fiction/self-help book reader but I do have a few business/self-help type books on my list this year because I occasionally like those. MOST of the books I love fall under the YA/Fantasy genre, think: Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Red Queen, etc. so a huge majority of what is on my list this year includes series’ like that. I prefer book series’ to stand alone novels but I am open to trying some really good stand alone books!
BOOK LIST FOR 2021:
- THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS (5 BOOKS) – RICK RIORDAN
- ONE OF US IS LYING (2 BOOKS) – KAREN M. MCMANUS
- THE INHERITANCE GAMES (2 BOOKS) – JENNIFER LYNN BARNES
- ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS (3 BOOKS) – STEPHANIE PERKINS
- LOVELY WAR – JULIE BERRY
- LEGEND – MARIE LU
- RED WHITE AND ROYAL BLUE – CASEY MCQUISTON
- CRAVE – TRACY WOLFF
- THEY BOTH DIE AT THE END – ADAM SILVERA
- CARAVAL (3 BOOKS) – STEPHANIE GARBER
- SHADOW AND BONE (3 BOOKS) – LEIGH BARDUGO
- BE TRUE TO ME – ADELE GRIFFIN
- SHATTER ME (7 BOOKS) – TAHEREH MAFI
- UNDER THE NEVER SKY (3 BOOKS) – VERONICA ROSSI
- THE CRUEL PRINCE (3 BOOKS) – HOLLY BLACK
- THE AFTER SERIES (5 BOOKS) – ANNA TODD
- A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES (4 BOOKS) – SARAH J. MAAS
- RHAPSODIC (3 BOOKS) – LAURA THALASSA
- THE SELECTION (6 BOOKS) – KIERA CASS
- THE PROGRAM (5 BOOKS) – SUZANNE YOUNG
TOTAL: 62 BOOKS
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Like I mentioned above, my goal is 50 books for the year but I have 62 on my list just in case I finish and need more to read! So far, I’ve crossed 3 off my list (the first two in the Heroes of Olympus series AND Lovely War)!
I’m so excited to work through this list. I probably won’t go totally in order but I will cross these off as I go and share what I completed at the end of the year!!