So every year around the halfway point I tend to check in with myself to see how my TBR list is going! I love to see what I ended up reading in order, what new books got added and bumped to the top, and what I still have to look forward to! So, let’s dive in!
What am I reading? Mid-Year 2023 Bookshelf Check in!
I like to share this list with every bookshelf update because I think it’s helpful to know what apps / devices I love to use no matter what “what am I reading” you land on!
APPS I LOVE:
- Kindle Paperwhite
- This is how I read all my books!! I am OBSESSED with it. It has a matte screen so you can read even in direct sunlight, it’s extremely lightweight and it connects with my Libby, Goodreads and Amazon apps. I can hold hundreds of books and check books out directly from the library.
- Libby (connects to my local library so I can check out books for my Kindle)
- This app is amazing. Just upload your library card and then check e-reader books out directly from there! It reminds you when your books are due and keeps them all organized.
- I have my goals set up in here, and it’s where I find new books to read and review.
- I buy all my books from Amazon if I can’t find them at my local library. They download directly to my Kindle.
- I actually am a part of a couple book clubs – and this app makes it so easy to message the group, create polls and keep track of the books you are reading!
HERE WAS MY BOOK LIST FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR (and which ones I ended up actually reading):
Fairy Tale by Stephen King Sorrow and Starlight (Zodiac Academy #8) by Carolina Peckham Broken Face (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #4) by Caroline Peckham Warrior Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #5) by Caroline Packham
- Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young
- Cover Story by Susan Rigetti
The Family Game by Catherine Steadman
- Vengeance of the Pirate Queen by Tricia Levenseller
- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean
Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney
- Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score
Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano
- Caraval Series (3 books) by Stephanie Garber
- Wicked Beauty (Dark Olympus #3) by Katee Robert
- Realm Breaker (2 books) by Victoria Aveyard
The Family Plot by Megan Collins
- Belladonna by Adalyn Grace
The Stolen Heir by Holly Black
- Haunting Adeline by H.D. Carlton
Spring Tide by Ki Stephens
- Ocean View Series (3 books) by Morgan Elizabeth
- Embers (Phoenix Prophesy #4) by Cara Clare
PLUS – here are the books I ended up adding in:
- When We Were by Diana Elliot Graham
- Final Offer (Dreamland Billionaires #3) by Lauren Asher
- Just The Nicest Couple by Mary Kubica
- Rule Number Five by Jesse Wilder
- Secretly Yours (A Vine Mess #1) by Tessa Bailey
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- The Liar’s Girl by Catherine Ryan Howard
- The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni
- The Gilded Cage by Lynette Noni
- The Blood Traitor by Lynette Noni
- My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey
- Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros
- Unfortunately Yours (A Vine Mess #2) by Tessa Bailey
- The Book of Fades by Rachel Moore
- The Fae Princes by Nikki St. Crowe
- Pucking Around by Emily Rath
My total for the year so far is 27 books, which is great, considering I have had much less time to read than I had this time last year. I plan on bumping up the amount of books I’m reading per month once baby girl gets here and I take my maternity leave!
I’m excited to keep reading this year – especially because I have so many series’ that have more books coming out! I am STOKED to revisit some of my favorite character’s stories.
I will updated again at the end of the year, but you can always follow me on Goodreads to see my reading in real time – you can find me under Taylor Mobley!!